Three arrested with weapons in connection with Konkombas and Fulanis gun battle

Three persons have been arrested in connection with Wednesday’s gun battle between some Konkombas and Fulanis at Sabare-Jagrido in the Zabzugu District of the Northern Region. Police in the area suspect the three persons were behind the clash, which led to the destruction of houses and killing of cattle belonging to the Fulanis in the area. The suspects, Jaman Ntugma, 45 years, and Odin Abier Nakple were arrested on April 4 at about 10:00pm while 46-year-old Njon Wayie was arrested hours after the clash on the same day. Ntugma was arrested with meat while Nakple was arrested with meat and 14 live AA ammunition at his home. The Konkombas killed at least 100 cattle and burnt 10 houses to ashes last Wednesday morning, in an action believed to be a reprisal of an attack on a Kokomba the previous day. [caption id="attachment_80137" align="aligncenter" width="600"] About 10 houses are said to have been burnt and 100 cattle killed[/caption] The Northern Regional Police Command has confirmed the arrest of two persons to TV3 Friday. Meanwhile, the District Chief Executive of Zabzugu, Ahmed Abukari Iddrisu has revealed that the District Security Committee at a meeting last night, resolved to escort members of the Fulani ethic group to rescue some of their cattle, which strayed during the attack. Naja, the Konkomba man who was attacked by the Fulanis and sustained cutlass wounds is responding to treatment at the Zabzugu Hospital. “Two young Fulanis on Tuesday April 3, 2018 at about 2:40pm inflicted cutlass wounds on a Konkomba farmer by name Naja Binni when he tried to scold the two boys for bringing cattle to his farm. The boys returned home and informed their father that they have been beaten by Naja” Assembly member for the area, Joe Okoch told TV3 last Wednesday. The incident was reported to the assemblyman who went to Naja’s farm only to find him lying in a pool of blood with cutlass wounds. “I took him to the Zabzugu Hospital for treatment and then reported the incident at the police station but before I could return home, I had information that the Konkombas have attacked the Fulanis, burnt their homes and killed their cattle”. He said he returned home to find at least 10 houses burnt and about 100 cattle also killed. “I called the police who came here last night to see for themselves. Then we retired to sleep thinking it was over only for both the Konkombas and Fulanis to start shooting right now”, he told TV3 Wednesday morning. gathered security personnel are yet to move in to ensure ceasefire between the two groups.

READ ALSO:  10 Fulanis killed in 11 days
By Zubaida Ismail||Ghana  ]]>