Marwako gas leakage fixed; restaurant cleared to resume operations Tuesday

The Marwako Restaurant at La in Accra[/caption] Management of Marwako Fast Food has commended its workers for their strict adherence to the company’s safety mechanisms, which prevented an escalation of a gas leakage at its La branch in Accra Monday. It has meanwhile, apologized to customers for the inconveniences caused them by the Monday morning incident which led to the suspension of operations for Monday. A worker of the Fast Food Company on Monday detected the gas leakage during a daily routine check and immediately alerted supervisors who called in the Ghana National Fire Service to empty the gas from the cylinder. The metal stand holding one of three cylinders at the facility was said to have perforated the cylinder resulting in the leakage. [caption id="attachment_64763" align="aligncenter" width="564"] Mohammed Amin Lamptey[/caption] Marketing and Public Relations Manager of Marwako, Mohammed Amin Lamptey, told 3News Monday that immediately the leakage was detected and reported to authorities and the Ghana National Fire Service, the workers followed the laid down safety rules and converged at the assembly point. Situation fixed He said within about 10 minutes personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service arrived at the location to cool the cylinder before discharging the gas from the leaking cylinder. As at 4:00pm Monday, the situation had been brought under control and cleared by the Fire Service for business to resume on Tuesday, Mr Lamptey confirmed to 3News. He assured the public and customers of the popular food joint that Marwako is very much concerned about the safety of its workers and customers as well as the environment they operate in, hence the regular risk management and security trainings they give their workers. “Everyday workers go through the normal routine in checking our facilities before operation. This morning one of the workers detected a gas leakage. The young man saw the leakage and based on the training he has been given, he called the manager who called the fire service and within 10 minutes they came in,” Mr Lamptey narrated. “We are happy that our workers have gone through these trainings which has led to saving the situation,” he added. The Manager dispelled rumours that there was an explosion, stating “There was no panic; workers were called to the assembly point. There was no fire there was no explosion. When it happened we shut down the company”. He said workers were as at Monday evening cleaning the facility for business to resume Tuesday morning, saying “Workers are working to clean the facility, operations resume tomorrow”

READ ALSO:  Akufo-Addo turns valve on FPSO John Agyekum Kufuor
By Stephen Kwabena Effah||Ghana]]>