South African 800m world champion Caster Semenya has been listed among 10 female athletes nominated for this year’s Athlete of the Year.
The winner will be named at the IAAF Athletics Awards 2018 to be held in Monaco on Tuesday, December 4.
Semenya took the IAAF to the Court of Arbitration for Sports (CAS) after it the sport-governing body released its rules on testoterone.
The list of nominees was by an international panel of athletics experts from all six continental areas of the International Athletics Associations Federation (IAAF).
The list is expected to be pruned down to five after Monday, November 12 following voting.
Curiously, there is no Jamaican in the list released on Monday.
Favourite to win the prize is Belgian Nafissatou Thiam, who is the world heptathlon champion.
There is also Bahamian Shaunae Miller-Uibo, who labored to Silver at the 2017 World Athletics Championship.
British sprinter Dina Asher-Smith has also been nominated.
Find the 10 nominees below:
- Dina Asher-Smith (Great Britain)
- Beatrice Chepkoech (Kenya)
- Sifan Hassan (Netherlands)
- Caterine Ibarguen (Colombia)
- Mariya Lasitskene (Authorised Neutral Athlete)
- Shaunae Miller-Uibo (Bahamas)
- Sandra Perkovic (Croatia)
- Caster Semenya (South Africa)
- Nafissatou Thiam (Belgium)
- Anita Wlodarczyk (Poland)
The nominee list of the male athletes will be released on Tuesday.
By Emmanuel Kwame Amoh|3news.com|Ghana