Yet another person has lost his life in the protracted land dispute between the people of Alavanyo and Nkonya in the Volta Region on Friday.
The 43-year-old man was killed around 3pm at Alavanyo. He had stepped out to attend to a project not far from his house when the unfortunate incident happened.
His death adds to three the number of persons who have been killed in May alone despite the heavy security presence in the area amidst the dusk to dawn curfew.
A 15-year-old boy Prince Ankutse was shot dead earlier this month. Barely a week ago a middle aged woman Madam Elizabeth Anku was also killed by some unknown gunmen. The deaths have been linked to the conflict between the two communities over land.
The Assemblyman for Agorme, Raymond Tsykoar who confirmed the incident to TV3 News@10 said there is uneasy calm at Alavanyo as the security intensifies patrol there.
He assured that residents of Alavanyo will heed the advice of the security agencies not to retaliate but allow them to take charge of the situation.
“So we are also looking at them,” he said trusting the security detail there to protect them.
Meanwhile, he said the body of the deceased has been handed over to the family for possible burial on Saturday.
The family said they don’t have money to carry an autopsy on him as well as keep him in the morgue and therefore pleaded with the security to release the body to them, Raymond said.
Read also: One more killed at Alavanyo
By Isaac Essel |3news.com|Ghana