You should have first spoken to Gabby – Titus Glover tells Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu

The Majority Leader in Parliament Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu should have first spoken to Gabby Otchere-Darko before going public on claims that Mr Otchere-Darko is accusing him of working against the Finance Minister, former Member of Parliament for Tema East, Titus Glover has said.

In the view of Mr Glover, if the Majority Leader had done that, he would have avoided the public comment he made which is giving ammunition to the biggest opposition party the National Democratic Congress (NDC), because Gabby says he never said those words being attributed to him.

Speaking on the Big Issue on TV3 with Roland Walker on Wednesday November 16, he said “You could have asked Gabby about it before reacting, Gabby says he never said those things.”

“I felt that the Majority Leader could have be patient and found out from his brother Gabby,” he stressed.

Gabby Otchere-Darko has denied accusing the Majority Leader of scheming to be the Finance Minister hence, a move to get Mr Ofori-Atta out.

This was after the Suame Lawmaker accused him of propagating falsehood that he is scheming to be the Finance Minister.

“There are people who would rather want to cause disintegration while you are committed to integrating. But now this has brought about another sense of anger.

“That Gabby Otchere-Darko, who does he think he is? I serve Akufo-Addo and I serve the party as well as the government.

“When we talk about the government itself, what is your locus to be accusing me of being an instigator?” the Majority Leader said on Kumasi-based Sompa FM.

READ ALSO:  Minority walks out of debate on four deputy ministerial nominees

Responding to him, Gabby who is a leading member of the New Patriotic Party (NPP) said in a Facebook post that “I have listened to excerpts of the interview of Majority Leader, Osei Kyei Mensah-Bonsu, on Sompa Radio, claiming I had gone on Asaase Radio to allege that he was the ringleader behind the NPP MPs calling for the resignation of the Finance Minister.

“He is also quoted in reports of that interview online as saying that I sponsored a failed candidate against him in the NPP parliamentary primaries leading to the 2016 general elections. I have since sent him a message on this denying same. But, I consider it necessary to also put my side out publicly.

“1. I have said no such thing on Asaase Radio or any other radio station or media house, whether on air, online, or in print, either directly or indirectly. Indeed, my position, so far, on this issue in Parliament within the Majority Caucus, has been to deliberately stay away from commenting on it publicly.

“2. I have never sponsored any candidate against the Majority Leader for the Suame seat. I would never do such a thing to a person I considered a strong loyalist even within the NPP.”

By Laud Nartey|3news.com|Ghana