Politics

Two pull out of NPP primary in Cape Coast South

[L-R] Dadson and Mensah
Two candidates have withdrawn from the ongoing New Patriotic Party (NPP) parliamentary primary in the Cape Coast South constituency of the Central region.

Baron Isaac Kojo Mensah and Stephen Jeffrey Essien Dadson dropped out of the parliamentary primary race few minutes to the start of poll Saturday for various reasons, 3news.com can confirm.

The two dropouts means there are now three candidates; the metropolitan chief executive of Cape Coast, Ernest Arthur, Ekow Dsane Selby and Emmanuel Andoh Perry Mensah, who are seeking to win the bid to contest next year’s parliamentary election on the ticket of the NPP.

Mr Kojo Mensah, a known financial supporter of the NPP, told 3news.com a while ago that he his decision stemmed from the fact that he started his campaign late; at a time his contenders were already on the ground.

He said he took the decision in consultation with the delegates on his camp as well as past NPP leaders in the constituency, who “felt I have a stronger message but I wasn’t able to cover all the delegates”.

According to him, some of the delegates who are his friends and persons he grew up with had already joined camps with other candidates before he joined the race, saying “They were very honest with me. Some had already joined camps”.

The two dropouts at the grounds for the poll

On the back of his withdrawal, Mr Kojo Mensah said he has asked his supporters to vote for any of the three candidates they deem can win the parliamentary seat for the NPP in the 2020 general elections.

“I haven’t decided on who to support, but have told my delegates to support anyone they deem fit and can do the work,” he told 3news.com

Meanwhile, it is unclear what pushed Dadson to pull out of the race.

By 3news.com|Ghana

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap