Trainee nurse abducted, sexually assaulted by ex-boyfriend

A 22-year-old trainee nurse is alleged to have been abducted and sexually assaulted by her ex-boyfriend at Sewfi-Bekwai in the Western North Region. The second-year nursing student of KAAF University who is on attachment at Greenshield Hospital, was said to be returning home from work Saturday when she was abducted by the ex-boyfriend and driven to a guest house for several rounds of sex. The victim, name withheld, was released Sunday morning with a swollen face, which she claimed she suffered while struggling with the ex-boyfriend. A manhunt has been mounted by the Police at Sewfi-Bekwai for the suspect, 26-year-old Frederick Kwame Acquah, correspondent for Accra-based Onua FM, Kojo Prekese reported Monday. What happened? Both the victim and the suspect are said to be living at Awaso in the Bibiani Anhwiaso Bekwai District. On Saturday June 8, Acquah was said to have picked the victim from Sewfi-Atronsu under the pretext of offering her lift to Awaso only to branch to a popular guest house in the area, Justice Guest House, against her will. The suspect allegedly forced and sexually assaulted the victim from Saturday till Sunday morning when he released her to go home to the parents. Her relatives told our correspondent that when they realised she had kept long in returning home from work on Saturday, they called her on phone. Upon answering the call, the relatives said, they realised something was wrong as they heard the victim sobbing, but before they could find out what was happening, the call dropped. According to the relatives, they tried calling the victim again several times but her phone was switched off. A complaint was immediately made to the Police who went to the house on Sunday morning to find that the victim had returned. The victim was said to have told the police that when she closed from work and was about to return home, she received a call from the former boyfriend asking to meet her at Sefwi-Atronsu. According to the victim, she met Acquah at the venue and he offered to give her lift home but made a detour to the Guest House on the way. She claimed the suspect seized her phone after receiving the first call from her parents, detained her against her will and sexually abused her until Sunday morning. Meanwhile, a medical form has been issued to the victim to attend hospital and report back to the Police who are investigating the case.

READ ALSO:  [Audio 18+] Sawla NHIA boss 'caught' in sexual assault scandal