The Supreme Court on Friday January 29, struck out seven portions of the witness statement by the General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the ongoing hearing of the election petition.
Lead counsel for the second respondent, President Akufo-Addo, Mr Akoto Ampaw, told the court 10 paragraphs in Mr Asiedu Nketia’s statement should be deleted because in his view, they are “not based on the pleadings of the petitioner, unduly prejudicial and scandalous”.
Lead Counsel for the petitioners, Tsatsu Tsikata however objected to the move.
But the court struck out some portions and maintained the others.
1. Paragraphs 6 and 7 struck out.
2. Paragraph 21 maintained.
3. End part Paragraph 25 struck out
4. Part of Paragraph 26 struck out
5. Part of Paragraph 28 struck out
6. Paragraph entirely 30 struck out
7. Paragraphs 32 and 33 and maintained
8. Paragraph 37 struck out
The court adjourned the case to Monday February 1.