ShowbizTop Story

Strongman concedes ‘beef’ with Medikal got personal

Rapper Strongman, previously signed to Sarkcess Music, has revealed that his recent “beef” with the VGMA Rapper of the Year, Medikal, was too personal than he expected.

The rap music scene was set ablaze by the retaliatory punchlines of the two heavyweight rappers – Medikal and Strongman – when the former released a diss track after he felt the latter disrespected him when he claimed he saved the industry four years ago.

Within the space of four days, the two artistes released a total of six tracks, each with aggravated intensity of punchlines to satirize the opponent.

Medikal was first to throw a punch with his ‘To Whom it May Concern’ song, then followed by Strongman’s ‘Don’t Try’.

Then, Medikal made a comeback with ‘The Last Burial’. Strongman, bent on proving a point, hit the studio in the late hours of Saturday and cooked the ‘Immortal’ response, which was released Sunday morning.

However, speaking in a phone interview on the 3FM Drive with Giovani Caleb, Strongman held the opinion that the beef at a point got too personal to the extent of involving the women in their lives.

According to him, the only problem he had “and I think Sark and the others will be having is that, it got to that point that things became personal” .

“Medikal was saying certain stuff that I think wasn’t relevant. It made me also say one or two things I personally (in as much as I was even saying it) I felt I don’t need to get there. But so far as that was happening, I was also supposed to follow as well.

“That was the only part I think wasn’t good about the beef. We [are] trying to involve our women and was not good. But if we were supposed to exclude that part from it, I feel the beef was ok,” he said.

“You know [Medikal] is a by-heart boy so he can say anything. But I can’t do it that way, I need to stick to certain things that I think is good for me,” he added.

According to some accounts, it all started when Medikal won the ‘Best Rapper of the Year’ at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards and he posted in a tweet that he saved Ghana’s rap music from dying.

“I just said no, we have Sarkodie, M.anifest and co, who you know, they have really done a lot for this country. So for me I don’t think what he is saying is true. But he is an artiste he has the right to say what he wants and bragging is part of rap.

“I think he didn’t take it lightly and he went to the studio to record ‘To whom it may concern’. I felt some bars were directed towards me and I felt I was supposed to come back at him,” he revealed.

By Paul Selorm Agbo |3news.com |Ghana

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap