NewsTop Story

Police Hospital embarks on massive renovation to be preferred healthcare facility

Plans are far advanced to refurbish the Ghana Police Hospital in the Greater Accra region to make the facility the preferred health care center in the country. 

Management therefore intends to expand the executive ward to admit more people who prefer VIP treatment, DCOP Dr. Merriam Tetteh-Korboe revealed at the hospital’s 2018 WASSA celebration on May 17, 2019.

Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP), Dr Marian Tetteh-Korboe, who is a Paediatric Specialist, is the Medical Director of the Police Hospital in Accra.

She indicated that additional five rooms are being refurbished at the Annex Block to increase the bed capacity of the Executive Ward from four to nine.

Five different three-bed female wards are also being created at the Annex to offer Semi-Private Ward Service to other ranks and officers below the rank of Superintendent of Police.

Management also intends to relocate the OPD services to the Annex Block to conduct emergency services at the current OPD, DCOP Dr. Tetteh-Korboe said.

According to her, the restructuring will enable the facility to reduce patients waiting time at the Out-Patient Department and also have medical team solely dedicated to emergency cases.

She further revealed that the police administration is in the process of recruiting various category of health professionals to help boost the manpower of the hospital.

The medical director explained that, the refurbishment exercise has become necessary due to the increasing number of civilians seeking healthcare at the facility.

This, she said, attest to the confidence and trust the public repose in the Police Hospital as one of the best health care providers.

According to her, the facility in 2018 saw an increase in general hospital attendance from 107,274 cases in 2017 to 108, 288.

Out of these 102, 061 cases were civilians representing 88% and the rest which is 12% were police personnel and their dependents.

By Maxwell Otoo | 

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap