Persons who died in Kormantse fuel explosion buried

The four persons who died in a premix fuel explosion Friday morning at Kormantse have been buried. Their bodies were burnt beyond recognition, which compelled the families to hold a joint funeral service for them within a few hours after the incident. The solemn service held around 2:00pm was attended by the Central Regional Minister Kwamena Duncan, Mfantseman Municipal Chief Executive Kennedy Kelly Essuman, and Regent of Kormantse Nana Kwabena Adukua. There were some Assembly Members there including Emmanuel Bugie, and B. Moses among hundreds of mourners. The premix fuel used by fishermen was stored in a house close to a cooking area. Residents believe the inflammable product caught fire due to its proximity to the cocking stove. Fortunately, the raging fire was contained by personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service, supported by residents, who quickly moved to the scene to stop it from spreading and causing further damage. The owner of the product Nana Kojo, aged 34, who was said to be a police officer disengaged from active service to enable him treat an infirmity was among the victims. Three others who died in the explosion include Kwame Adokoh, 21, and Nana Mensah, 16. Other three victims who sustained severe burns are currently battling for their lives at the Cape Coast Teaching Hospital. Almost every member within the Komantse community was saddened by Friday morning incident. Central Regional Minster, Kwamena Duncan promised government’s support for families of the deceased as well as taking care of victims on admission. “I’m told the three people who are in critical condition at hospital needs urgent support, I am going to see the Chief Executive Officer of Cape Coast Teaching Hospital to transfer victims to Accra for special treatment” he told Regents of Kormantse Nana Kwabena Aduku who was also shocked by the unfortunate incident appealed to individuals to support  families of the victims, especially those at the hospital. By Kwame Kakraba | | Kormantse]]>

READ ALSO:  Fire guts Kumasi Central Market again