The Executive Director of the National Council for Curriculum and Assessment (NaCCA), Dr Prince Hamid Armah, has officially announced his intention to contest the New Patriotic Party primary for the Kwesimintsim Constituency in the Western Region. Dr Prince Armah says he is excited by the opportunity to improve the lives of the people in the Constituency and give the next generation hope for a much better future. A lecturer and a consummate academic, Dr Armah enters the fray of party politics knowing too well the rigours of the job and the controversies that could come with it. “I am fully aware of the gravity of the challenge and the toll it will exact on me but it is not in my nature to run from challenges,” he said in statement announcing his decision to contest. Dr Armah is in fact no stranger to politics. He has previously served as the party’s constituency youth secretary, TESCON secretary, second cycle schools coordinator, a member of the Western Regional Communications Team and contested for the position of Western Regional Youth Organiser in 2009. He also tasted electoral office when as a very young man, he was elected an assembly member for a very successful tenure. The NaCCA boss is expected to pick his form on Thursday February 6, 2020 at the party’s constituency office in the Western Region. Even though it is not clear yet how many will contest the seat, many expect it to be a two horse race between Dr Armah and the incumbent Member of Parliament Joseph Mensah. A recent poll by the New Crusading Guide bore grim tidings for the incumbent, as more than fifty percent of the respondents said they would reject his bid for re-election. Having led the educational reform, at NaCCA and playing a key role in restructuring Ghana’s education to meet global standards, the popularity of Dr Armah in the constituency has shot up. His youthful energy, national profile, demonstrable competence and admirable philanthropy have endeared him to many a youth in the constituency. That notwithstanding, Dr Prince Armah is not taking for granted the enormity of the task at hand and how unpredictable delegates can sometimes be. He says the decision to contest was taken after a thorough engagement and deep introspection as well. “On Thursday 6th February, 2020, I will formally enter the contest for the New Patriotic Party Primaries in the Kwesimintsim constituency. This decision is the culmination of prayer and introspection, engagement with various stakeholders and the agitation of my fellow party members in the constituency. “I am taking this step because I believe that Kwesimintsim has tremendous potential and that the right kind of leadership will unleash this potential, improve lives and give the next generation hope for a much better future. I am fully aware of the gravity of the challenge and the toll it will exact on me but it is not in my nature to run from challenges,” he said in the statement. The Kwesimintsim seat is considered a safe seat for the New Patriotic Party and the winner of the primary is widely expected to retain the seat for the party.