Audio of this story
No new case of the novel coronavirus has been recorded in Ghana in the last 24 hours, the Ghana Health Service announced on Monday jut few hours after parts of the country begun a two-week partial lockdown to stem the tide in the spread of the deadly virus.
A total of 152 confirmed cases have since March 12 been recorded in the country with five deaths and two recoveries.
“As of 30th March 2020, at 08:30 hours, no new cases of COVID-19 have been reported since the last update at 11:00 hours on 29th March 2020,” health authorities said in a statement to update Ghanaians on the country’s situation.
It said results of 17 persons who were tested by the Kumasi Centre for Collaborative Research on suspicion of having contracted the diseases came out negative on Monday.
These cases were from the Upper East (3 cases), North East Region (3 cases) and the Ashanti Region with 11 cases.
“No new test results have been received from Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research since the last update,” it stated.
Meanwhile, health personnel are awaiting laboratory results of two persons who are suspected to have recovered from the disease that has killed thousands of people globally since the outbreak in China in December last year.
The results, they said, will inform decision on whether to discharge the two persons.