The 21-year-old is no longer facing charges following the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) declaration that there was “no longer a realistic prospect of conviction” after key witnesses withdrew their cooperation from the investigation in February.
Prior to that Greenwood was arrested in January 2022 and was later charged with attempted rape, controlling and coercive behaviour, and assault occasioning actual bodily harm which he denied.
Despite the decision from the CPS, Manchester United said they were conducting their own internal investigation to conclude what to do with the player who is facing indefinite suspension following the allegations.
However, the club is expected to declare their stance after a long while and the player who is yet to play competitive football for over 18 months would know his fate.
Erik Ten Hag, the manager says he had already given his opinion on the matter and the ultimate decision lies with the club who would make that known before August 14, the date for their opening Premier League game against Wolves.
Greenwood has not been able to participate in any games since, and he hasn't been seen training at the Carrington training ground. However, his contract with United is still valid until June 2025.