The president of Mali has said he is prepared to hold talks with the opposition coalition, as he continues to face calls from his critics to resign.
Speaking on public television Ibrahim Boubacar Keita said his door was open, his hand was always extended and that he looked forward to meeting soon with members of the opposition movement.
Mr Keita, who came to power seven years ago, has been losing support over his handling of ethnic violence in Mali as well as a jihadist uprising which has affected large areas of the country.
Earlier this month, tens of thousands of people protested in Mali’s capital to demand Mr Keita’s departure.
More than 13,000 international troops are in Mali to help contain the violence.
Two UN peacekeepers were killed on Sunday in an attack on a convoy in the north of the country.