Kotoko vs Hearts slated for August 6

Kumasi Asante Kotoko will be back in competitive action on the 6th August, the Premier League Board has confirmed. The league’s authority says Kotoko will honour their outstanding league game against Hearts of Oak that day before playing their second outstanding game against leaders WAFA on August 23rd. A statement released by the PLB said: “All outstanding matches, including matches involving Asante Kotoko, will be cleared within the one month break. “A second medical review from Asante Kotoko to the GFA/PLB on Tuesday July 25, 2017, has indicated that Kotoko will be medically ready to play by August 6, 2017”. The Porcupine Warriors have not been involved in competitive action since the tragic car accident that killed their equipment officer as they were returning from a league game against Inter Allies two weeks ago. Meanwhile, WAFA’s Match day 22 fixture against Ashanti Gold has also been scheduled for July 30 at the Obuasi Len Clay Sports Stadium. The Sogakope lads are unable to honour that league game because 7 of their players had been called up to join the local Black Stars. The PLB’s one month break will also make way for the MTN FA Cup and the CHAN qualifiers. By Yaw Ofosu Larbi |TV3| 3news.com]]>

READ ALSO:  Ex-Man United defender Fosu-Mensah says he supports Kotoko