Judge sacks journalists from covering JB Danquah’s murder case

A magistrate on Thursday morning barred journalists from covering the case in which two persons are standing trial for the murder of the Member of Parliament for Abuakwa North, Joseph Boakye Danquah-Adu.

No reasons were given by the magistrate, Arit Nsemoh, who shouted “no journalists are allowed into the courtroom” just before proceedings started.

She consequently ordered the Police to sack all the journalists from the courtroom.

The journalists demanded answers but to no avail.

Meanwhile, the court has adjourned the case to June 29 based on a request by the prosecutors who told the court that the AG was yet to give advice on the matter.

Vincent Bosso (L) and Daniel Asiedu (R) protested why they were sent to court after they had been earlier discharged

Daniel Asiedu, a 19-year-old phone dealer and his accomplice, Vincent Bosso, also a phone repairer, were in February 2016 put before court for the murder of the MP whose death reignited calls for members of parliament to be provided adequate security.

They were however, freed on May 30, 2017 by the High Court in Accra following a nolle prosequi issued by the Attorney General.

READ: Abuakwa North MP ‘killers’ freed on AG’s request
Asiedu was facing murder and robbery while Bosso, was charged with abetment of robbery in the February 9, 2016 murder incident.

They were rearrested later and put before the Magistrate Court on June , 20171 following what the prosecution say are fresh evidence against the two.

They have now been charged with abetment of crime to commit murder and murder.

Previous case against the two

According to Mr.Baah, the Prosecutor, on February 8, 2016, at about 2340 hours the deceased came home in his private vehicle driven by his driver, Samuel Berko Sarkodie.

READ ALSO:  [Photos] Bawumia arrives in Mauritius

Prosecution said the driver after parking handed over the ignition keys to the deceased and left for his residence at Kasoa, while the deceased retired to his bedroom.

He said at about 0100 hrs, Asiedu and Bosso who were armed went to the house of the deceased where Asiedu entered the bedroom of the deceased through the window, while the deceased was asleep.

“Asiedu began to search the room and the noise woke up the deceased who held him. Asiedu resisted and stabbed the deceased on the right chest above the breast”.

The Prosecution said the deceased held the knife while Asiedu pulled the knife through the deceased hands creating a deep cut in his palm.
Prosecution said the deceased who was bleeding profusely fell by his bed helpless while Asiedu stabbed him several times on the right chest and neck. Realizing that the deceased was almost dead, Asiedu left him and took away his three iPhones.

The Prosecutor said the security man who heard a strange sound in the house alerted other security men within the vicinity. Mr.Baah said Bosso realising the danger took to his heels leaving Asiedu behind.

Asiedu, however, managed to descend from deceased room to the back house, climbed one of the poly tanks in the house and jumped over the electric fence into the adjoining house and escaped.

He said the security man then called the police emergency line and informed them of the situation. When the Police arrived the victim was already dead and his body was conveyed to the Police Hospital mortuary.

READ ALSO:  Danquah Institute commends gov't for recruiting health care professionals

On February 15, an autopsy report from the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital gave the cause of death as “Exsanguination” and multiple stab injuries on the anterior and chest.”

Prosecution said Police investigations led to the arrest of accused persons who stated that their aim of going to the house of the deceased was to steal.

The Prosecutor said Asiedu explained that the deceased struggled with him when he entered the room and this compelled him to use the knife on him.

By Godfred Tanam|TV3|3news.com|Ghana