The Ghana Journalists Association (GJA), Bono, Bono East and Ahafo Regional branch has opened nominations for its 2019 Regional Awards to be held under the theme “Managing Election 2020 related Violence for Democratic Stability – the Role of the Media”.
The awards seek to acknowledge, appreciate and recognise the contributions of journalists, and media institutions towards the development of the three regions.
Personalities and institutions which have in diverse ways contributed to the growth and development of the Association, and the media in general would be honoured.
The awards are open to GJA members and non-members working in the Ghanaian media establishments and cover broadcast or published works from January 1, 2019, to December 31, 2019.
Awards available for grabs include Most Promising, Best Journalist of the Year, reserved for only members of the Association in good standing as at December 2019.
Other categories are Health, Education, Child Protection, Sanitation and Environment and Business and Economics. Also, there are awards for Agriculture, Tourism and Culture, Disability, Sports, Local Governance, Gender Based Violence and Unpaid Work, Climate Change, Child Protection, Best Morning Show (English) and Best Morning Show (Akan).
The rest are Entertainment, Crime and Court Reporting, Mining, Feature Reporting, Social Protection/Awareness and Best Social Programme on Radio (English and Akan).
Prospective award winners are to submit their entries by the end of February 2020 to pave the way for the GJA Awards which is slated for May 2020.
Entries are to be sent to the Chairman of 2019 Awards Committee, Sunyani.
Awards will be given in the following categories:
Category one (Most promising Journalist and Journalist of the Year)
Must be a good standing member of the GJA as at December 2019.
GJA members and the general public are invited to nominate candidates, giving reason(s) for their nomination in not more than 120 words.
Crime and Court Reporting
Gender Based Violence and Unpaid Work
Tourism and Culture
Best Morning Show (Radio Twi)
Best Morning Show (Radio English)
Best Radio Station
Best Social Programme (Radio Twi)
Best Social Programme (Radio English)
Best Sports Show (Radio Twi)
Best Sports Show (Radio English)
General Entry Requirements
The competition is open to members working in the print (News Agency inclusive), electronic and online media in Bono, Bono East and Ahafo Regions.
Members of the Regional Executives and the Awards Committee are not eligible to contest. Entrants must meet the following additional requirements:
- Entries should cover works published from January 1, 2019 to December 31, 2019
- Entrants may submit entries for a maximum of TWO CATEGORIES, and NOT MORE THAN THREE published works should be submitted for each category
- However, one work SHALL NOT be entered in MORE THAN ONE CATEGORY
- Entrants should submit CLEAR ORIGINAL published work and five (5) photocopies of each entry.
- All entries must show the date of publication/broadcast and the medium in which the work was published. News Agency stories carried by the conventional media or on the Internet shall be considered as published.
- Radio and TV entrants should submit ONE AUDIO RECORDING(CD/DVD) in addition to Five (5) AUTHENTICATED COPIES of the original broadcast script.
The deadline for the submission of entries is 5:00 p.m. on Friday, February 28, 2020.
Entries/Nominations should be addressed to:
2019 GJA Awards Committee,
Bono, Bono East and Ahafo Region
Or contact the following mobile numbers
Mobile – 0208194178/0243938670
Mobile – 0208596382/0246165426
Source: 3news.com | Ghana