The fire which is believed to have started around 7pm on Thursday took close to 2 hours to be doused by personnel from the Ghana National Fire Service who fought the blaze with three fire tenders.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known but some eyewitnesses told tv3network.com that the fire may have started from a group of guys who were burning tyres around the spare parts area.
Other eyewitnesses said the fire started from an electrical socket when someone attempted to charge his mobile phone.
Deputy Public Relations Manager of the Fire Service, Billy Anaglate in an interview indicated that due to the combustible nature of the items in the area, it was an uphill task fighting the fire.
About two containers filled with second hand tyres were completely burnt. This follows a series of fires that has engulfed that enclave with the worst affected area being the Agbogbloshie market area.
No casualties were recorded.
By Martin Asiedu-Dartey|3news.com|Ghana