Fire guts prostitution hotbed in Ashaiman

Fire has gutted some shops at a popular prostitution joint at Ashaiman in the Greater Accra region, destroying goods and properties.

An explosion from a house in the area known as ‘Tutuu Lane’ is said to have caused the fire that started about 12:30PM Thursday. It’s been over an hour since the fire started and fire fighters are yet to bring it under control.

TV3’s correspondent, Josephine Frempong reports that personnel from the Fire Service are having a difficult time in fighting the fire that has so far affected about 10 shops due to inaccessibility.

“There is current one fire tender struggling to fight the fire. They are waiting for two tenders from Tema,” she said.

Similar fire outbreak has been recorded in Kumasi Central Market and Nkawkaw Adoagyiri in the last 24 hours; something that people are blaming on the severe harmattan that has rocked parts of the country in the last two days.


Source: 3news.com By Stephen Kwabena Effah

]]>
READ ALSO:  MP donates motorbikes to GES