PoliticsTop Story

Families of kidnapped girls should exercise patience – Gov’t appointee

The three kidnapped girls

The Chief Executive Officer of the Microfinance and Small Loans Centre (MASLOC) Ghana, Stephen Amoah, has urged families of the three Takoradi kidnapped girls to exercise patience and give the police some time to bring finality to the matter.

Director General of the Criminal Investigations of Department (CID) of the Ghana Police Service, Maame Tiwaa Addo-Danquah, had announced three weeks ago that the girls had been found.

Read: We know where the 3 kidnapped girls are; they’re safe – Police CID reveals

But 21 days on, the families of the girls say they have since not heard from the police and have neither seen nor heard from their daughters. They want the police to bring their children back to them since they claim to have found them.

Even Mr. Amoah admits this may be a trying time for the families of the missing girls, but he believes it is important that information regarding the whereabouts of the girls be managed properly so as not to jeopardise the gains made so far.

“The other side that I think they [families of the girls] have to exercise patience, is about the communication between them and the police, because these are security matters”, he said Tuesday, on TV3’s New Day.

Child’s Rights International, a non-governmental organization says it is starting a process to compel the Ghana Police Service to allow families of the three Takoradi kidnapped girls gain access to the girls.

Read:Pressure mounts on CID boss to produce Takoradi missing girls

The MASLOC boss said it is unfortunate if indeed no government official has gone to the families of the girls to l empathize with them as being reported in the media. He  apologised on the behalf of the government, claiming the government is committed to finding the girls and that  President Akufo-Addo has been talking to security agencies to help find the girls.

But a member of the National Democratic Congress (NDC) legal team, Abraham Amaliba is disappointed with what he claims to be  a total silence from the President on the matter.

According to him, the president has not spoken about the girls ever since they went missing, especially during his state of the nation address.

By 3news.com|Ghana

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Share via
Copy link
Powered by Social Snap