Electrical fault causes fire outbreak at Sakumono School Complex

Preliminary investigations by personnel from the Ghana Fire Service (GNFS) indicate that electrical fault was the cause of the fire that razed parts of Sakumono School Complex early Thursday.

Fire gutted some parts of the Sakumono school complex, a situation which curtailed teaching and learning for a while.

This incident follows a similar one at the Kwame Nkrumah Circle interchange on Wednesday which destroyed thousands of property.

The Tema Regional Deputy Fire Service Commander, Timothy Osafo Affum, in an interview with Onua FM’s Yen Sempa moment after they were able to quench the fire at the Sakumono School Complex explained that the fire occurred in one big hall which has been divided into four class rooms.

He said “we did what we call break in and a partition had caught fire so we quench it”.

The Fire Commander said the fire had burnt for some hours so some chairs got burnt at the kindergarten department.

“It was spreading to other rooms but we put it under control and our preliminary investigation believes its electrical faults but we are not done with the investigations”.

Mr. Osafo-Affum advised that house owners must use qualified electricians when putting up buildings to avert such occurrences.

“Some of the materials do not meet the standard. Fake electricians are also in the system. They do not have certificates to wire buildings but they are contracted to do so”.

He said “the Energy Commission is to certify such people so we must get these people to do our wirings for us”.

READ ALSO:  Savelugu Hospital closed down due to Covid-19

By Kweku Antwi-Otoo|3news.com|Ghana