Coronavirus deaths rise as Ghana’s cases hit 31,057

Ghana has recorded eight new deaths in the latest case count of the coronavirus disease in the country. The count, released by the Ghana Health Service (GHS) on its official website on Friday, July 24, sees the total number of deaths rise from 153 to 161. These deaths come barely a week after the last fatalities were recorded. The records, according to the Service, are those reported on Tuesday, July 21. A total of 691 new cases were also recorded from samples obtained between Wednesday, June 17 and Monday, July 20. This sees the country’s cumulative total now at 31,057. The recoveries-cum-discharges are now 27,801 while the active cases have dropped a little further to 3,095. Among these, 23 are said to be in severe conditions while five are in critical conditions with three on ventilators. The total number of cases recorded, after 365,281 tests, has 59 per cent being male and the rest (41%) being female. Regional breakdown Greater Accra Region continues to be the hotspot, having recorded over 16,000 cases. This is more than each of Ghana’s neighbouring countries’. It is just below their combined total. So far, Togo has recorded 828 cases, Burkina Faso has 1,066 and Cote d’Ivoire has done 15,253 cases. Find below the regional numbers in descending order.

  1. Greater Accra Region – 16,068
  2. Ashanti Region – 7,267
  3. Western Region – 2,467
  4. Central Region – 1,328
  5. Eastern Region – 1,214
  6. Volta Region – 568
  7. Bono Region – 421
  8. Bono East Region – 413
  9. Northern Region – 302
  10. Western North Region – 298
  11. Upper East Region – 282
  12. Oti Region – 172
  13. Ahafo Region – 116
  14. Upper West Region – 75
  15. Savannah Region – 57
  16. North East Region – 9
READ ALSO:  Covid-19: GHS to embark on rigorous vaccination in W/R from Thursday
By Emmanuel Kwame Amoh|3news.com|Ghana ]]>