The 13th edition of the All African Games will be hosted in Ghana in 2023.
As Ghana steps up preparations to ensure a successful hosting of the multi-sport event, the Ministry of Youth and Sports has deemed it necessary to collaborate with all stakeholders to put together and inaugurate four working committees that will ensure the country’s successful organization and participation.
The four committees include Ghana 2023 African Games Project Team, National Sports Policy Review Committee, International Games and Competition and Local Organizing Committee (LOC) 2019 International Table Tennis Federation/African Tennis Federation (ITTF/ATTF).
Minister of Youth and Sports Isaac Kwame Asiamah said the Ghana 2023 Project Team, which would be chaired by his Deputy, Curtis Perry Okudzeto, would among other duties engage stakeholders in the industry to develop ideas and road map that would see Ghana hosting a well- deserved African Games in 2023.
The team is also to discuss with all stakeholders and submit the final roadmap to the respective stakeholders.
The members of the Project Team are the Deputy Minister for Works and Housing, Barbara Asher Ayisi (MP), Director General of the National Sports Authority (NSA), Prof. Peter Twumasi, and the President of the Ghana Olympic Committee (GOC), Ben Nunoo-Mensah.
The Committee is also to organize a forum for all relevant stakeholders to discuss and collate ideas on how best sporting activities can be improved among several other factors.
- Hon. Curtis Perry Okudzeto, Deputy Minister, Youth and Sports – CHAIRMAN
- Mr. Magnus RexDanquah, Sport Business Consultant – MEMBER
- Dr. Emmanuel Owusu-Ansah, Technical Advisor (Sports) – MEMBER
- Ms. Vivian Doublor, Dep. Chief Sports Dev’t Officer (NSA) – MEMBER
- Mr. Eric Dwamena, Director, National Sports College – MEMBER
- Dr. Julius Aikins-Hawkson, Director, GIMPA Consultancy and Innovation – MEMBER
- Dr. Patrick Ofori, Sports Psycologist (UCC/GNPC) – MEMBER
- Mr. Ahmed Osumanu Halid – MEMBER
- Mr. Solomon Tetteh Mensah, Dep. Director (PPBME), MOYS -MEMBER/SECRETARY
By Daniel Yeboah|3news.com|Ghana