Another lady kidnapped in Takoradi; kidnappers threaten to kill her if…

File photo[/caption] A fresh kidnapping case has been reported in Takoradi where three other girls who were kidnapped late last year are yet to be rescued by the Police in the Western Region. 25-year-old Maame Darkoa Anomah, an SHS graduate, was first thought to have gone missing after leaving her family home at Tanokrom on January 14, but some people on January 16 texted her father claiming they have kidnapped her. The supposed kidnappers, who used the victim’s mobile phone to text her father, warned the family against reporting the case to the Police. “Don’t dare call the Police,” the beginning of the message to the victim’s father stated, and added “if you want her to die try it, we kidnappers don’t joke with our job”. According one of the supposed kidnappers who gave his name as Ike Nwaze, the lady “fell in our traps so if you want her to die try calling the Police”. The said Ike claimed in the message he was trying to help the lady, who has completed Amenfiman Senior High School in the Western Region, to escape. The message was sent to the father after he had texted his daughter’s phone to threaten that he [father] will be forced to report her as a missing person to the Police if she does not return home from wherever she was. Maame Darkoa’s uncle who confirmed the incident to Nhyiraba Paa Kwesi Simpson of Takoradi-based Connect FM Thursday said the family have since last Saturday reported the case to the Kwesimintsim Police with the evidence for the necessary action to be taken. Narrating how they realised Darkoa had been kidnapped, Mr. Seth Tetteh said he and the lady’s father left home on Friday, January 11 for a funeral of their relative. According to him, they returned on Tuesday January 15 only to find that their daughter was not home. “The father then enquired about the whereabouts of Darkoa only to be told by her mother that she left home the previous day without permission from anyone,” Mr Tetteh told our correspondent. He said they then started contacting all their relatives to find out from them if they have in anyway seen their daughter, but the response was negative. Mr. Tetteh told our correspondent that after several calls to Darkoa’s phone went unanswered, the father decided to send her a text message to threaten her that if she did not return home, he would be compelled to report her to the police as a missing person. After the message, Mr. Tetteh said, they got a reply in which the people claimed to have kidnapped their daughter. When contacted, the Kwesimintsim Police declined comment on the matter. The latest incident comes on the back of pressure from Ghanaians to find and rescue three others who were kidnapped between August and December last year by one Nigerian who is currently in Police custody. Samuel Wills who has been described as a serial kidnapper, was arrested by the Police in Takoradi on December 24, 2018 and put before court which remanded him to assist in investigations. But before his next court date, Wills on December 30, 2018 managed to escape from the Takoradi Central Police cell where he was being held.

READ ALSO:  Rawlings institutes Revolutionary Lecture Series
A manhunt led to his re-arrest in an uncompleted building at Kansaworado, a surburb of Sekondi. He was subsequently put before court on the charges of escaping from lawful custody, resisting arrest and damaging public property. He is yet to be tried on the kidnapping charge. According to the Police, he has failed to give credible leads to help rescue the three girls.  The Police said their evidence established he was responsible for the kidnapping of the three girls. By Stephen Kwabena Effah|3news.com|Ghana]]>