BusinessTop Story

‘Aayalolo’ brokers deal to provide shuttle services at Kotoka Int. Airport

Management of Aayalolo transport service says it has brokered what may be deemed a life-saving deal with the Ghana Airport Company to operate shuttle services at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) in Accra.

The company says it has finalised all arrangements and only left with putting pen on paper to sign the deal.

It has meanwhile started the shuttle services by transporting passengers to and from the various terminals at the airport that is Ghana’s main international airport.

Full services, according to the company, will begin after they have signed the deal and the new terminal three at KIA becomes operational.“We are in talks with the Ghana Airport Company to offer shuttle services between the terminals at the Kotoka International Airport, especially the new terminal 3”, Fred Chidi, Communications Manager of Aayalolo said on Onua FM’s Ye Nsempa on Tuesday

He said the deal has come at the opportune time as the Greater Accra Passenger Transport Executive (GAPTE) operators of the Aayalolo buses has been struggling to keep the services afloat since inception.

“This is a good thing and it is bringing a lot of excitements to staff and management”, Mr. Chidi added.

Former President John Mahama on June 22, 2016 launched the Aayalolo transport system with the view to helping solve the stress associated with public transport system in parts of Accra.

About 58 of the 245 imported into the country for the system are in use on the Amasaman-Achimota-Tudu corridors.

The Daily Graphic reported in July that the company was struggling as 70 per cent of its cash flow goes into fuel purchase, and the remaining 30 per cent into the payment of salaries and other expenses.

The situation forced drivers of the transport system to strike at the time as their salaries were said to be in arrears for five months.

By Kweku Antwi-Otoo|3news.com| Ghana

Facebook Comments

Related Articles

Back to top button