12-year old citizen journalist, Phillip Ayanoore Akela-Soore, from Bolgatanga in the Upper East Region was over the weekend honored at the maiden edition of the Hyperlink Media Awards.
The award scheme held at the Radach Lodge in Tamale was put together by Hyperlink Media Ltd to recognise the efforts of media practitioners across the country.
The 12-year old has been in the limelight for his outstanding reports he files on TV3’s MTN Video Report segment of the news, was honored for his contributions as a young and promising journalist.
Phillip, who was at the event with his father received a medal and a citation for his award.
In an earlier interview with Phillip, he told 3news.com how he feels like a president among his peers because of his journalistic work.
He also mentioned how determined he was in trying to find a solutions to the problems that many in his community merely complained about, something which is evident in his second report to TV3 where he reported on a discovered solution for fall armyworm invasion.
Phillip has in all filed three reports to TV3 and all reports have been applauded by the public and other industry players.
Meanwhile, Yaro Ismail of Might FM in Tamale was adjudged Media Personality of the Year and Daily Guide’s northern regional correspondent, Eric Kombat was adjudged Journalist of the Year.
Find full list of award winners here:
HYPERLINK MEDIA AWARDS 2018 LIST OF WINNERS
- Overall Media Personality: Yaro Ismail, Might Fm
- People’s Choice Award: Kwaku Oduro, Kesmi Fm
- Story of the year: Tender Brides by Albert Sore, Joy News
- Journalist of the year: Eric Kombat, Daily Guide
- Female Presenter: Ewurama Attoh, Kesmi Fm
- Entertainment Media Personality: Mohammed Naporo (Dj Parara)
- Sports Media Personality: Kwaku Oduro, Kesmi Fm
- Radio Presenter: Mohammed Naporo (Dj Parara)
- TV Presenter: Mohammed Naporo (Dj Parara), NTV
- Social Media Personality: Ananpansah B. Abraham, Pad Fm
- Online Journalist: Nana Ankobiah
- Media Student: Joseph Nlaala Nwani
- Development Journalist: Ananpansah B. Abraham
- Graphic designer: Adam Fuseini Sacks
- Newscaster: Jonas Biawurbi, Zaa Radio
- Photo Journalist: Geoffrey Buta
- Community Radio station: Simli Radio, Dalun
- Radio Station: Kesmi FM
- TV Station: NTV
- Radio Programme: Angel Sunset Drive, Angel Fm
- TV Programme: Musik Pluss, Kessben TV
- Educative Programme: Digang Sali Bagsim, Justice Fm
- Entertainment Programm: The Rap City Show, North star
- Sports Programme: Zaa Sports, Zaa Radio
- Gender and Family programme: Love on Ridge, Ridge Fm
- Health, Nutrition and lifestyle programme: No winner
- Online Portal: savanadiaries.com
- Political Programme: No winner
- Producer of the year: Inusah Abdul Rahim, Sagani TV
- Technician of the year: No winner
- Media School of the year: No winner
- Special Recognition Award: Phillip Ayanoore, Young Citizen Journalist
By P.D Wedam|3news.com|Ghana