The Ghana Education Service (GES) has terminated the appointments of 10 teachers for various misconduct.
Some were dismissed for sexual immorality and stealing, Cassandra Twum Ampofo, Head, Public Relations Unit of GES said in a statement dated November 22, 2018.
She hoped the sanction will deter other teachers from engaging in immoral conduct.
“The decision was taken after they went through the due process at all levels from the school through the GES Council. This is to serve as a deterrent to others who have the intention of doing similar things.”
Find the full statement below
GES SANCTIONS STAFF
The under listed persons have been sanctioned for breaching aspects of the Code of Professional Conduct of the Ghana Education Service.
- A) SEXUAL/IMMORAL MISCONDUCT
The following have had their appointments terminated:
- Mr Vincent Nii Armah Otoo – St. Francis SHTS, Akim Oda
- Mr Kester Ansah Djan – Benkum SHS, Larteh — Akuapem
iii. Mr Adjetey Anum James – Okumaning Ugars Basic, Okumaning E/R
- Mr Bright Akpalu – Akwatia Presby SHS, Akwatia
- Mr William Akompong – Nyankumasi SHS, Assin Nyankumasi
- Mr Robert Seppey, – Adumanu D/A Basic School, Asikuma Odoben Brakwa
B) CONVICTION OF STEALING
The following were convicted of stealing by the Court and has therefore been dismissed:
- Madam Comfort Oduro Bruce – Ghana Secondary School, Koforidua
- Mr Alfred Kumah – Regional Education Office, Koforidua
iii. Mr Kwasi Agyeman SDA SHS, Koforidua
C) CONVICTION OF DEFILEMENT
- Mr Wiayuga Mumuni United Basic School, Tumu, Upper West
He has been dismissed from the service.
The decision was taken after they went through the due process at all levels from the school through the GES Council. This is to serve as a deterrent to others who have the intention of doing similar things.
CASSANDRA TWUM AMPOFO
HEAD, PUBLIC RELATIONS UNIT
Source: 3news.com | Ghana