The police administration has shortlisted over 20,000 applicants for the next stage of the 2016 electronic recruitment exercise.
Shortlisted applicants are expected to report to their designated training depots on Monday July 20.
Meanwhile, the police say it has begun investigating reports of people claiming they can help unsuccessful candidates get back into the service.
The Ghana police service in May this year open the first electronic recruitment exercise. The exercise attracted huge attention with lots of people especially senior high school graduates buying forms from the commercial banks.
The exercise ended in the first week of June and the Director of Public Affairs superintendent Cephas Arthur, said it had been a successful one adding that “we are through with the short listing and distribution to the various centers.
“So those who had the feedback that they have qualified to the next stage have been put together and as per their choices they have been distributed among the centers that we have. Over 20,000 people have been shortlisted.”
Superintendent Cephas Arthur, speaking exclusively to TV3’s Peter Quao Adator also explained some of the modalities for the next stage saying that “the next stage is where we are going to inspect documentation.
“We asked them to provide documents electronically but now we are going to inspect it physically. So we’ve asked them to bring along original copies of their birth certificates, original copies of their Senior High School certificates, original copies of their JHS certificates, passport photographs and other things.”
The next stage of the exercise which also involves seeing the applicants, aptitude test, criminal background check and medical examination begins on Monday July 18 at all the police training schools.
But has the introduction of technology eliminated fraud in the recruitment exercise? Superintendent Arthur said “irrespective of whatever stringent measures you’d get, there are those who’d try to violate it but getting it in excess numbers like previous years, we managed to diffuse that.”
He however urged all applicants and those who failed to meet the criteria and even those who are shortlisted not to be lured by anyone into believing that there is any back door to the ongoing exercise.