Five persons have so far been arrested in connection with last Tuesday’s clashes at Agbogbloshie, a suburb of Accra.
Two of the men arrested were said to be in possession of locally manufactured guns while one had on him a machete.
These were revealed to TV3 on Wednesday, April 12 by the Public Relations Officer (PRO) of the Greater Accra Regional Command, ASP Effiah Tengey.
Clashes at Agbogbloshie, which is mostly occupied by squatters, left three persons dead.
The clashes were said to have been caused by a Dagomba going to steal a mobile phone from a Kokomba.
A pregnant woman shot in the heat of the crossfire is said to be fighting for her life.
On Wednesday, a delegation of the Inspector General of Police, David Asante-Appeatu, National Security Minister Albert Kan Dapaah, Defence Minister Dominic Nitiwul was in Agbogbloshie to monitor the situation.
They were briefed on the situation so far by the Regional Command’s Operational Director, Chief Superintendent Kwesi Ofori.
Calm is said to have returned to the area though there is high tension.
3 total views, 3 views today