Fire has gutted the 10th floor of the office complex for members of Parliament, otherwise known as Job 600, 3news.com has gathered.
But the swift intervention of officers from the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) saw the situation brought under control.
Acting Public Relations Officer of the Service Prince Billy Anaglatey told journalists that the fire was caused by an electrical fault.
He assured that members of Parliament (MP) can resume work as “they are all protected”.
Only a photocopier and the ceiling were slightly damaged, he said.
Minister of Parliamentary Affairs Osei-Kyei Mensa-Bonsu, who is also the Majority Leader, narrated how they had to scurry out of their officers when they were alerted about smoke bellowing out of the east wing of the 10th floor.
He was then in the office of the First Deputy Speaker Joseph Osei-Owusu working on the review of the Standing Orders.
The Suame MP was concerned the first equipment brought to the scene broke down and so subsequent deployment used a different route.
The floor has been subjected to ventilation in order to get it completely cleared of smoke.