The governing National Democratic Congress (NDC) has announced its campaign team ahead of the general elections later in the year.
The team led by the party’s General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu Nketia has fourteen (14) other members made up of young and old names of the party.
The likes of Alhaji Hudu Yahya, Kofi Totobi Quakye, Dan Abodakpi who were part of the team that led former President John Atta Mills’ campaign in 2008 are part of the list.
With just about four months to the presidential and parliamentary elections, political activities have shifted into higher gear and are expected to heat up in the coming days.
Below is the statement released by the party, signed by the National Chairman, Dr. Kofi Portuphy.
NDC 2016 CAMPAIGN TEAM UNVEILED
The Leader and Presidential Candidate of the National Democratic Congress, in consultation with the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party has appointed the following to serve as members of the campaign team for the 2016 elections:
1. Mr Johnson Asiedu Nketiah – Campaign Chairman
2. Mr Kofi Adams. – Campaign Coordinator
3. Mr Samuel Adu Yeboah – Deputy Campaign Coordinator
4. Hon Joyce Mogtari Bawa. – Campaign Spokesperson
5. Hon Felix Kwakye Ofosu – Deputy Campaign Spokesperson
6. Madam Sylvia Osei – Deputy Campaign Spokesperson
7. Hon. Samuel Ofosu Ampofo – Member
8. Amb. Dan Abodakpi – Member
9. Mr Kofi Totobi Quakye – Member
10. Hon Theophilus Tetteh Chai – Member
11. Madam Faustina Nelson – Member
12. Hon Sherry Ayittey – Member
13. Alhaji Huudu Yahaya – Member
14. Alhaji Shamsu Kwakwa – Member
15. Amb. Daniel Ohene Agyekum – Member
The Leader of the party expressed confidence in the ability of the members of the team to bring their unique skills sets to bear on the prosecution of a vigorous, issues- based campaign which will deliver resounding victory for the party.
The announcement of the campaign team follows a number of restructuring and organisational measures aimed at strengthening the various wings of the party to position it to achieve success in the upcoming elections.
It also kick-starts a series of activities that are designed to mobilize all members of the party in particular and Ghanaians in general for victory.
——— SIGNED ———-
SIR DR. KOFI PORTUPHY
By Martin Asiedu-Dartey|3news.com|Ghana