A recruitment interview allegedly conducted by the Ghana Cocoa Board (COCOBOD) today appears to confirm claims by Mr. Osafo Marfo, head of president-elect’s transition team, that the outgoing government is making political assistants permanent staff.
“We’ve heard of conversion of temporary staff of political assistants and some of the staff we took on into permanent public servants,” Mr. Marfo complained last week when the transition team began its work.
Persons interviewed on Monday December 19, 2016 are to be recruited to fill various positions at the COCOBOD Head Office and other Divisions across the country.
A letter to a Deputy Director at the Legal Department of COCOBOD asking him to sit on the panel said the interview would take place in Room 416, 4th Floor, Cocoa House, Accra at 9.00 a.m.
“It would be appreciated if you could attend as a Member of the selection panel. We count on your usual co-operation,” the letter signed by Francis A. Temeng, Director of Human Resource read in part. It was dated December 15, 2016.
A source at the COCOBOD confirmed the recruitment but said it was a normal exercise without any foul play on anyone’s part.
This recruitment follows a nationwide protest by some contract personnel at the National Service Secretariat who claimed they have been sidelined by the Secretariat in a recent recruitment which they claimed only activists of National Democratic Congress were employed.
The volunteers who were hired about two years ago claimed they were placed on a GHC350 monthly allowance, and given assurance of employment when the need arises.
Story by Isaac Essel |3news.com|Ghana