President Nana Akufo-Addo has in accordance with Article 76 (1) of the 1992 constitution named 19 of his appointees as cabinet ministers.
This comes at a time, a section of the public, especially members of the opposition are questioning the President’s inability to live up to such an important constitutional requirement almost six months after taking over power.
But on the floor of the house today, the Speaker of Parliament read a communication from the Presidency naming his cabinet which includes Alan Kyeremanteng, Ken Ofori Atta and Shirley Ayorkor Botchwey.
Missing on the list are Senior Minister, Osafo Maafo; Communication Minister, Ursula Owusu Ekuful; and Information Minister, Mustapha Hamid.
The 19 member cabinet ministers are:
- Allan Keremateng…Trade and Industry
- Ken Ofori Atta…. Finance
- Dominic Nitiwul… Defence
- Ambrose Dery… Interior
- Peter Amewu ….Lands and Natural Resources
- Kofi Adda …Sanitation ,water
- Ayorkor Botwey… Foreign Affairs
- Gloria Akufo….Attorney General
- Dr. Owusu Afriyie… Agriculture
- Boakye Agyarko…. Energy
- Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh… Education
- Dr. Akoto Osei…… Monitoring and Evaluation
- Dan Botwe…. Regional Integration
- Agyemang Manu.. Health
- Mavis Hawa Koomson. ..Special Development Initiative
- Joe Ghartey….. Railway Development
- Catherine Afeku…. Tourism, Arts & Culture
- Ignatius Bafour Awuah… Employment and Labour
- Kwaku Ofori Asiamah…. Transport
Source: 3news.com | Ghana