Three more persons sustained severe cutlass wounds Monday night at Ahwiaa in the Kwabre East district of the Ashanti region where renewed clash left one person dead earlier in the day.
One person, identified only as Musah, was butchered to death and several properties destroyed during the renewed clash between two youth groups in the area on Monday morning.
The violent clash led to a temporal closure of schools Monday and brought commercial activities in the area, popularly referred to as Ahwiaa Vulgarizer to a temporary halt.
A man who had his hand chopped off is said to be in critical condition receiving treatment at the Ankaase Methodist hospital
At least 48 persons were rounded up by the joint security personnel deployed to the area to prevent reprisal.
Despite the security presence, the group clashed again around 11:00pm Monday night, a situation that has forced the security in the area to be tightened Tuesday morning.
The three who were injured in the late night clash are currently receiving treatment at Tafo Government Hospital.
Municipal chief executive of Kwabre East, Nana Osei Assibey Bonsu, said the assembly has written to the education directorate to grant pupils holiday, but added academic activities will resume tomorrow, Wednesday.
Assemblyman for the area, Brenya Kyei, disputed claims that the violent clash is between Ashanti community and Muslim community.
“The unrest is between two gang groups in the area and this has nothing to do with religion or tribe. We are just pleading with the security to bring a lasting solution to this growing violence”.
Some residents say they are living in fear following the recent attacks, and want an immediate intervention to prevent future occurrence.
By Ibrahim Abubakar|3news.com|Ghana