Multiple award-winning radio and television personality, Johnnie Hughes, will this Saturday delight television audience with the best when he hosts the red carpet for this year’s VGMA, Ghana’s biggest musical awards night.
Expectations are high, at least judging from social media comments, following the announcement that the “Bonafide Genius” will host the red carpet with broadcaster AJ Sarpong, at the Accra International Conference Center at 7:00pm on April 14.
Here are five facts about the versatile Johnnie Hughes.
- He currently hosts the 2018 VGMA Diaries on TV3. With wealth of experience, he tinkers with almost everything; from politics through arts and entertainment to social and economic development.
- He flawlessly co-hosted the Season 11 of the popular Ghana’s Most Beautiful reality pageant on TV3.
- He is not new in the arts and entertainment industry. He comes to the VGMA table with a strong television, radio and music background, having participated in TV3’s Bands Alive Music reality show in 2008 and hosted TV and radio programmes over a decade.
- His quick wits and sense of humour transforms the mundane into the spectacular, no matter who is involved, and that’s among the qualities to expect this Saturday.
- His smooth-voice, knowledge base, bubbly approach and amazing dress sense makes him a must listen to and a must watch!