News

42-year-old drunk man burnt to death in Kumasi

burnt2

A 42 year old man who returned home drunk Wednesday night has been killed by a fire outbreak in a compound house at North Suntreso in Kumasi.

Nine other tenants in the compound house had their entire belongings destroyed by the fire that was caused by a candlelight about 10:45pm.

The deceased, Nana Benyin, was said to have returned home into his room drunk, holding a candle because of a power outage in the area at the time.

Witnesses told 3News that the fire, which started from Nana’s apartment in the 15-room compound house, was obviously caused by the candle which might have been placed wrongly considering that he was drunk.

burnt1
The remains of the man

The body of the deceased, which was shrink beyond recognition has been taken to Kath morgue.

Sources say Nana wanted to use the candle as a source of light at that time which he entered his room with. They claim because he was drunk, he could not run out of his room which the fire started.

According to the neighbours, the timely intervention by the personnel from Ghana National Fire Service prevented the fire from burning the entire compound house.

By Benjamin Aidoo|3news.com|Ghana

Leave a comment below

Show More

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Close