Fact: All snacks taste better after sex.
1. That post-sex snack. Everything tastes better after sex. Going into the kitchen to get a glass of water and eat an apple under normal circumstances? Boring. Eating and drinking after sex? You feel like an animal. A sexy animal.
2. The feeling of getting a workout in. Granted, sex doesn’t count as a true calorie-burning workout in the slightest. There’s no such thing as a sex athlete. But it feels like you can skip the gym afterward. And also, if anyone makes a “sex athlete” shirt, you owe me royalties.
3. Getting in a really good cuddle session. Cuddling is good but it’s much better after sex. It’s weird. You wouldn’t think being pressing your sweaty, nude flesh up against each other while you’re both still dripping fluids everywhere would enhance cuddling. But here we are.
4. The great night’s sleep that only comes after sex. Guys tend to get really tired after sex. It makes for the kind of sleep that just feels … necessary. It’s like going to the beach for the day and then coming home and passing out; it’s satisfying. The sleep is almost as good as … well, it’s almost as good as sex.
5. That feeling of accomplishment. You might have wasted that entire day, but if you had sex, it was all worth it. In fact, if someone asks you what you did today and you reply, “Had sex,” well … they don’t have to ask you any more questions after that. They understand.
6. Knowing that this is happening instead of watching Scandal. If you throw on some TV show he hates and he manages to seduce you, it makes the sex that much better. He’d choose to have sex before lots of things so managing to get sex instead of something he kind of didn’t want to do in the first place is so much sweeter.
7. It’s an excuse to shower again right before bed. Shout-out to anyone who loves showering a lot. If you already showered in the morning, you might be hard-pressed to justify a second shower before bed (even though getting into bed right after a shower is amazing). But oh, look. Now you’re all sweaty and you smell like semen. That’s as good a reason as any to lather up again.
8. The fact that it still counts as spending time with you. There are lots of great ways to spend quality time together. Sex kind of feels like it’s cheating.
9. Sleeping nude. If it’s not something he does typically, sex is a good excuse to hang out in bed and fall asleep without clothes on.
10. Being able to file some of this stuff away for later. Sometimes the sex is so good, he knows he’s going to think back to this one day when he’s in the shower and wants to rub one out right quick.
11. The feeling of pride that comes along with making you orgasm. It’s the same kind of pride you get when you build something with your hands or manage to cook rice without burning it.